Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter Camp 2018

Easter Camp is always a highlight. This year was different as I had very little involvement in the organization and preparation of the camp. I wasn't sure what to expect from myself, as I have been struggling to find energy for every day. As we left for camp, I prayed that God would do something special in spite of my lack of readiness mentally and emotionally.

We were going with 17 campers from our sports ministry, Transformados, which was a huge change from the 7 last year. We squeezed them into 4 vehicles and had to come back for some gear with one more vehicle.

God spoke to the youth through many different ways and activities, and the main speaker was great. He had them laughing, anticipating and learning every day. On the 2nd day, he already gave an invitation and I was over joyed that one of the youth we had brought accepted Jesus as Savior. He had been moving in that direction in the last 3 months, from atheism, to believing in God's existence, to adopted into God's family, but this was how God moved him to take that final step.

When camp was over, we had seen our youth singing, dancing, jumping, praying, reading their Bibles, encouraging one another, and very content with their experience. The weather could not have been much better, and the spiritual growth was tremendous, I believe. I saw Karlene, my wife, get back into camp ministry, which she had not done for a long time, and really have a wonderful time and great impact.

I praise God that I was also able to bring a friend I mentored a few years ago as a leader, and he had a great experience as well. He was put in a position as a group leader which was more than he expected, but did a great job. God is great, and showed once again how he is moving in La Paz, Mexico. 130 campers, 40 some staff, and 5 days of great camp ministry, and now it is time to follow it up as we continue to love on our youth! Please be encouraged, your prayers are moving mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment