Thursday, June 12, 2014

Surprise Blessing

Yesterday ended with a surprise blessing though it started with difficulty. We didn't have water coming to any of the taps. I flipped the switch on the pump by our reserve tank in the ground, but it wouldn't start. I called the landlady who called the plumber. While waiting, I climbed on the roof from our balcony to see if there was water in the tank on our roof. It was empty. But I did find my missing garbage can! It had been left there by the plumber the last time he came, lol! I then checked the pump again, but it wouldn't start.
I thought I would have to miss Wednesday Bible Study at the church at 7, as that is when the plumber said he could come. At 7:30, I tried the pump again, just to see if I could hear a buzzing noise, and for some reason it worked now. So I hurried to church, an hour late. The topic was prayer, (which is something I need to practice more and read less about:))
After the study, a lady turned around and started to chat in English with me. Another turned to listen, so we switched to Spanish. Then another lady joined us, and soon I was visiting with 3 ladies in Spanish, and didn't want to stop. It was really neat to have them want to visit with me, and I wasn't feeling like my spanish skills were holding me back!!
I was then asked spur of the moment to help in a skit for father's day. I agreed as I am allowed to read the lines, but I need to practice the pronunciation a few times before Sunday. The director has a passion for drama, and was very excited to have me give the lines in English and Spanish, like a sports announcer. I then took him out for burritos, and visited some more. I am meeting with him fairly regularly to encourage him. He encourages me as well as helps me practice spanish. I got home after 11pm. But it was great!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that your water is working again. At least you won't have anything to worry about now. It could have just been faulty for a while. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again. If it starts occuring more regularly, then you should definitely ask your plumber for help again. Anyway, I hope your Spanish lessons are going well! Take care. :)

    Diana Miller @ Plumber Perth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been very frustrating for that to happen when you had other things to attend to. It was a good thing that the water supply came back quickly, so you could still attend your Bible Study, albeit being late. Anyway, thanks for sharing this story with us. Have a great day!


    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that the pump is now working again. At least you vanquished your struggle in water problems right before the activity that you'll be attending. Hahaha! In any way, thanks for sharing that! I hope your water supply will not be interrupted like that again. Hahaha! All the best! :)

    Karla Foster @ South West Houston Plumbing

    ReplyDelete