Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Moving Forward!

We wanted to leave early to pick up our Temporary Resident Visas! But first we wanted to fulfil our commitment to practice Spanish. So right after we had a short session with our good friend, Carlos, we excitedly left. He was understanding as we cut our session short to head downtown, around 10 o'clock. Just as we were to head out on the main street, Karlene asked if I had the papers with the numbers we needed. I had everything but those papers. So we quickly went back home, picked them up, and headed out again. We met some friends and fellow missionaries who were doing the same thing. They had been there for an hour already. The office was fairly busy, but not as bad as before we arrived, we were told. We were a bit nervous and hopeful that the visas really were ready. After all, it was in half the time that we had been told they would be ready, and we had expected it to take longer!
Soon after our friend was called, I was called, and we got 3 of the cards. I notified the lady we were missing Karlene's and in a few minutes we had it too. Then I had a strange experience. A fellow asked me if I spoke Spanish, and I told him with a laugh, a little. He asked if I would translate for him! I did, and managed to get across to the lady that he had been waiting since 9:30 when his wife and child got their cards, but it was 11:40 and he didn't have his. I was happy to be able to help out - in Spanish!! I was also glad I had asked immediately about Karlene's missing card rather than sitting and waiting.

Now we are going to be looking for a moving company more fiercely. Hope to get that sorted out by early next week. Then we should be in La Paz before the end of November, and we are so looking forward to settling in there, getting to know the church plant El Faro, La Paz and the Baja California Sur! But we will miss Guadalajara and the people we have come to know and love as well. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment