Sunday, November 20, 2011

Faith building is hard work. And not very fun. And not always our choice. It seems that God chooses to build our faith at times when we wish it was all very easy. I am learning that I need to let go and let God. And stop worrying about it. If I continue to worry, I really have not let go. I am hanging on to the rope and getting very burned and blistered hands. Want some context? Well...

I resigned from teaching 1.5 years ago. I missed the deadline for asking for a one year leave of absence by a week. We had to raise support for the position that we volunteered for, so that we could pay for our plane tickets and some other outgoing expenses. God built my faith in His provision through His church - in 2-3 months our tickets were pretty much reimbursed.
When we came back from Zambia, where we had volunteered, I applied for a teaching position again. I thought I would not have a problem, but with gov't cutbacks, there were not positions available for me. So I asked around, and was advised that substitute teaching would be sufficient income. Well, it has helped, but sufficient it is not for longterm provision. A great blessing was when I was able to fill in for 2 straight weeks at a school teaching Gr. 2. I had never taught full-time any grade lower than Gr. 5, so it was a stretch, but I loved the kids. It was a great experience.
Another job opened up at a school, so I applied for it. I did not get it. Now another has opened up, and I am praying and hoping that I will get that one. No more taking things for granted, my reputation or history are not enough. I need God to help me get the right job. He is faithful, and if I don't get it, I am trying hard to trust that he has reasons for my good, and my families' good, to not be working full-time.
Another faith building event has been the support of best friends. They have welcomed us back to our town, and have even given us a vehicle to use until our next leg of missions service. May God bless them richly!
We have had many asking how long until we head onto the next leg of our missions journey. Well, we have to raise support, monthly support, as we have been accepted by a faith mission - TEAM, which means raising money for all expenses, including the ministry expenses. A long time ago I would have never wanted to put myself in this position. But now I am excited to see how God is going to provide. He has amazed us in the past, and I trust we will be amazed again, though not surprised, for He is faithful, and sure everytime.
Hey, would love a brief comment when you read a blog! It encourages us.

No comments:

Post a Comment