Tuesday, August 31, 2010

As dit be Harmon Neeshtaytish?

That was the first sentence we heard when Karlene answered the door today around 7:15. Karlene answered that she did not speak German, and the lady repeated the sentence - Is this where Herman Neustaeter lives? I came to help out, and answered the only Neustaeter I know close by is a Willy. The lady explained that she was meeting her brother there to look at a van to buy. I laughed and said that we had our van for sale. She looked interested so I continued. I told her I had wanted to sell the van but had not had time to advertise as we are moving to Zambia. She mentioned that she was not able to pay it outright, but wanted to do it by payments. I said we could definitely work something out. She left to find her brother, and I was not sure if I would see her again. I was amazed though that God would bring someone to our yard when we have wanted to sell our van but just have not been able to get around to it. It blew me away. I felt like God was again blessing us 10 times over for the small ways that we have been faithful in giving.
I phoned Dad and asked if he thought this would be a good idea, if he would be willing to take the payments. He was, but cautioned me to be aware that these types of arrangements are not to be counted on. I was OK with that, but felt that the lady was sincere and that God had brought her to us, so we were not to turn this away.
She did come back, with her brother who is a mechanic. After a very brief looking over, he advised her to make the deal. We did sell it for less than we wanted, but feel good about being able to help her out, and at the same time have a little bit of income every month for almost 2 years. Praise the Lord, He is good and faithful! Deut. 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great story. Your lives challenge me so much to trust God more and live by faith and not sight.

    ReplyDelete